Help: F5 Load Balancers

DR14DR14 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know where I can find some good information about F5 load balancers?

More specifically, I am trying to find answers to these question/describe topics:

What is the main use case for an F5 load balancer?
Describe the architecture of an environment that uses F5.
What are the main advantages of F5 compared to other similar products?

Thank you all.

Comments

• trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    f5.learn.com
    devcentral.f5.com
    f5.com
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Have you not tried google?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Homework? I'm pretty sure this is answered in at least a dozen white papers on F5's website.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Homework? I'm pretty sure this is answered in at least a dozen white papers on F5's website.

LOL!

Seriously though, we're not in it to do your homework for you. These are simple questions though.

On a separate note it would be cool to see a section dedicated to load balancing tech. I dealt with it a ton in my last job, lots of on the job learning.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Master YodaMaster Yoda Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »

HAHA. Exactly.
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was excited to answer this, then saw homework. Low energy thread, close it up boys.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The brainpower of this forum can answer the deepest darkest mysteries of the interwebz, don't squander inquiries.
  • jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    f5 university has some good learning CBTs as well