Passed CISSP in my second attempt

NU16NU16 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed CISSP yesterday!!! I made my first attempt exactly a month back and scored 695. Its was a horrible feeling to get so close and still not pass the certification. After introspecting, I realized that i studied too hard in the last couple of days and and got stressed out. This is a 6 hour exam and staying focussed and attentive is an essential part of the exam.
Finally, I am happy that its over now and I can get back to my normal life. Also, I wish best if luck to everyone planning to take the certification in future.

Cheers!

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Jianwa@ymail.comJianwa@ymail.com Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats NU!
    I am in the same boat as you. I ha e 3 more weeks until i can retake it though. Been reading these threads and following the same study paths - Cybrary, ccure, Shon Harris audio, Sybex official study guide as well as the questions they have. As far as 2nd time around, was it a complete different test for you? can honestly say I did not see any ALE, cryotography, risk assessment. Security engineering, audit,band sdlc.
  • Jianwa@ymail.comJianwa@ymail.com Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Typo "band" meant software development lifecycle.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!!
  • phillipscisphillipscis Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Failed last week with the score 675. However, I have rescheduled the exam for mid of May and hoping to pass this time. I'm using Sybex 7th edition, Sybex Practice test, Shon Harris practice. Also, I do have access to cccure.
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Failed last week with the score 675. However, I have rescheduled the exam for mid of May and hoping to pass this time. I'm using Sybex 7th edition, Sybex Practice test, Shon Harris practice. Also, I do have access to cccure.

All the best Phllipscis!! Do more of practice questions.
  • NU16NU16 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No. It wasn't a completely different exam. It was on the similar patterns.
    2nd time I prepared for about two and half weeks, studying 3-4 hours in the weekdays and 6-7 hours on the weekend. I would suggest writing down all important topics and watching youtube videos on those.
    Also, I am not sure what your background is but i would suggest to pay a lot of attention on understanding the cyber attacks like XSS, XSRF/CRF, SQL injection, TCP syn flood etc and International standards like Common criteria(should know A to Z), ISO 27001, ISO 27002, AICPA etc . Those questions are really confusing and need deep understanding of the concepts.
    Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Best of Luck for your exam!!!
  • NU16NU16 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of Luck!!!
  • jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    for those who didn't get it on your first go. what were your practice exam scores like? are they like 80%? or 90%? etc.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□