Options

Wireless track

offmymoundoffmymound Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
If i want go down the wireless track should i get my CCNP in routing and switch first? i have CCNA in routing and switch but no wireless but I want to start learn wireless.

Comments

• Options
    Burns82Burns82 Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you want to learn wireless I suggest buying the cwnp books, and good that way if you want to know wireless
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Reality is you will need RS skills to deploy wireless and CCNP wont hurt you. Is it necessary? Of course not, you can just read the book and implement wireless. OR you can take the test and slap it in your resume.

CWNP books are directly for wireless.
    If you are dealing with cisco wireless then you would need Cisco books for the WLC and design/implementation documents at cisco.

CWNP will go deep on the RF, security, design,- all these are in cisco documents. Although, it will help. Everything helps...
  • Options
    Burns82Burns82 Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ Noc ninja you do v3 ccie wireless exam if so you use a training vendor at all with lab rentals?
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Burns82 wrote: »
    @ Noc ninja you do v3 ccie wireless exam if so you use a training vendor at all with lab rentals?
    Ive used a lot of training vendor. I went to Narbik bootcamp for a week, INE RS, IPexpert RS and Wireless.

Lab rentals - Ive used Narbiks lab before. Everything else, I bought devices at amazon or ebay and built the whole lab at home.
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Burns82 wrote: »
    If you want to learn wireless I suggest buying the cwnp books, and good that way if you want to know wireless

Agree with this, the CCNA Wireless is similar to the CWNA, however one is vendor-neutral.