70-411 Failed :-(

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey guys took the 411 on Thursday and got hammered. I've got a lot of work to do but what is surprising is I don't feel bad about the exam overall. I think the questions weren't overly difficult. I will study for about 2 to 3 weeks and tackle it again. I made a lot of notes about what areas I was weak on based on the results so I should be good to go for Round 2.
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I really need to brush up on EFS, working on NPS and health conditions and DFS. those were the areas that really got me.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Not sure how close you were in terms of score. But if you feel like you were within reach that's huge. Sounds like you definitely have the confidence to push hard these next couple of weeks to get you over the top. The key is to keep everything fresh. I failed my first ever exam attempt (Cisco) by a few points and wanted to quit but knew I was extremely close. I made notes on all my pain points and studied my hair off for 1 week and ended up crushing the 2nd attempt w/ almost a near perfect score.

Good luck! You got this!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]
    Not sure how close you were in terms of score. But if you feel like you were within reach that's huge. Sounds like you definitely have the confidence to push hard these next couple of weeks to get you over the top. The key is to keep everything fresh. I failed my first ever exam attempt (Cisco) by a few points and wanted to quit but knew I was extremely close. I made notes on all my pain points and studied my hair off for 1 week and ended up crushing the 2nd attempt w/ almost a near perfect score.Excellent I will push hard for round 2

Good luck! You got this!

Excellent I will push hard to win round 2!
    :

• poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. I too lost my first round with the 70-411 though I slipped through on the second go. Just study the areas you missed and review the areas you did well in. You'll get it.

Hit me up if you have any questions.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 411 is heck on wheels! Don't let it get you too down. I think that I had to take it twice to get it passed as well. Now you know what you're weak on and what you should focus on to get by next time. EFS and NPS are a bear, and can get complicated. I know that I wouldn't have made it if I hadn't labbed different scenarios, but everyone's different and what worked for me won't necessarily work for others, but when the videos and reading didn't cut it... Setting up some of the services did!
    I'm sure that you'll have good news soon! Schedule that retake for three weeks or so out and jump back up on that horse!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This one kicked my ass twice. Make sure you lab the things you missed. DFS and NPS. Get them working and know how to set them up and figure out what is wrong when it isn't working. Group policy skills needs to be sharp too.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found labbing NPS with a WAP, getting it to work with EAP-TLS with both user and computer based certificates really helped me understand it. Took me a couple days to get it working, but really forces you to get intimate with event viewer to figure out where the authentication issues are. Can integrate NAP into the lab pretty easily too.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the 70-411 I'm not even close to being ready. Just started out so far it's been going good but reading users post seems like a fun exam. lol... Just keep trying and move forward. I plan on getting the books at work now that it's starting to slow down. May 1hr or 2 when I have a chance.

Good Luck!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    Thanks for the encouragement guys will keep you posted icon_study.gif. time to put in some 7 hours a day studying to get ready for round 2.
    :

• drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You'll get it next time!

I'm still studying for it.
    Break time..!
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can get it. Just focus on one topic at a time. Sometimes I run into cases where I get overwhelmed with everything that needs to be studied. Just work one topic at at time.

greg9891 wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement guys will keep you posted . time to put in some 7 hours a day studying to get ready for round 2.

I'm all for studying hard and for long hours (sometimes I put in 12 hours on a Saturday). I also want to suggest and encourage you to take breaks where needed. A well rested mind is going to retain more information better, and faster, than a tired mind that stayed up late for a week straight. Take it in chunks, make sure and get up and pace around your house for a bit, and then get back to it. Your mind and body will thank you later.

Good luck! You'll get there!
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT