Options

Which is better?

pfjms001pfjms001 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a question, I'm trying to determine which way to go to study for network+; mike meyer's totalsem superbundle(videos,tester,sims) for $349 or professor messer videos($199), ebook/live labs for $109. Has anyone had experience with either or both of these products and are they worth it?

Comments

• Options
    Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally i have only used the messer vids which are fantastic, all his resources including his study notes are a must have/use, but all his vids are free on youtube supplied by himself. SO paying 200 for them wouldn't be worth it imo unless u really want them on a flash drive to watch where and when u want. I would def buy his notes tho. the 349 meyer vids sounds expensive to me which i did have for the net+ and must say they are very good vids ( i havn't tried the tester/sims off him tho), i think theres cheaper to be got , certblaster maybe?
  • Options
    NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Professor Messer's videos are for free. I bought Mike's videos on Udemy for about $20. They're good but not worth over $300, that's way too expensive.
  • Options
    Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get Mike's book @ about 35$ if you want to get the Total Tester for test practice and the book as study material. Watch Messer's videos online for free and buy his 10$ notes. Also get a copy of Net+ objectives and go through each objective and make sure you know them.

You can study all that for cheaper IMO.

EDIT: If you want to do some simulators as well, get the Hands on Lab Sim @ 35$
  • Options
    PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike Meyers videos are also on Lynda.com. You can get 10 days for free if you've never used it before and $20 a month after that if you want to keep using it. The simulator I used was the Pearson Hands on Lab Simulator (here)
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
  • Options
    Master YodaMaster Yoda Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally Messer is the way to go. I'm not knocking other study material by any means but Messer's videos and study programs are the Gold standard in my opinion.