Expired CISSP, Need to retake

bob9383bob9383 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I passed the CISSP exam in 2007 and need to retake it because I did not keep up with the continuing education credits.

I am following the advice found in this forum and looking at those resources.

Are there any legit (not cheating) practice question vendors that offer their product in VCE format? I like having VCE for my Mac and iOS devices. I would settle for any system that does not require Windows and would keep track of questions answered correctly/incorrectly in the past.

If anyone has any advice on getting over the 10 year gap in content changes, that's also much appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would kill myself, if I let my CISSP expire. I did however manage to let my CISA expire, which hit me in the face later.

During my preparation for CISSP, I didn't find any practice questions in VCE format. All were in either PDF, DOC or online.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ISC2 released recently an Android (perhapsIOS too, I didnt check), with all question from the official ISC2 practice test book from Sybex. Not expensive and there is about 1300 questions.
  • bob9383bob9383 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. This helps. The official ISC2 Sybex question/answer book includes web access to the questions and that looks to be a good deal if this refers to the "Sybex" questions everyone is talking about.

Yeah, I regret letting it expire but earning enough credits every year got to be a bit much especially since it seems the system is really geared at getting you to spend money with their partners or going to paid conferences. I probably could have worked around it but changed jobs and security became less of an issue.

Retaking a written test doesn't seem to be a huge burden although it's not going to be fun. It's not like re-sitting for the CCIE or JNCIE lab exams. I won't let those expire for that reason.
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Larry Greenblatt's YouTube videos are excellent also
    Maintainin a cissp is not a big deal, and doesnt cost a lot.
    30 type A CPE per year:
    read 6 Infosec mag: 12 cpe
    read a book: 5 cpe
    attend a few webinar: 3 cpe
    Cybrary or other cbt: 10 cpe

type B: Pluralsight 10 cpe

It is mostly a bit less than 1h a week
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got my 'official' CISSP creds the end of December 2016 and already have my 40 CPE's for this year. Lots of training videos but I enjoy it.
  • bob9383bob9383 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got mine 10 years ago. Looks like the options for credits has improved a bit. I won't make the mistake of letting it lapse again. Kicking myself after spending this time studying much of the same content as before.
    The important thing is to plan your CPE activity and to record them as you do them, so it won't be a chore to record by the end of the cycle. I got my SSCP (15 A CPE / 5 B CPE) one month ago. I already have 5 A CPE and 5 B CPE almost without effort.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just add mine as I go so I don't have to keep track of my hours.