Options

Are There Display questions on the test

chelchchelch Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a question. I went to the comptia web site to see what the objectives for the A+ 2001 core test are but did not see anything on displays?? Is that material not on the test? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I took the old adaptive exams last December/January, and didn't get any display questions. As a tip, instead of trying to have knowledge just to pass the exams, you should have the knowledge to diagnose and correct any situation. The more you know, the better. That way, if it is on any test, you won't have to worry, you can be confident instead.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    I just took the test last month. I had a total of 2 display questions. One still bothers me! It was not proper english and even though I read it a 100 times, it was asking for 2 different things. To this day, I don't know if I got that question right because of their wording! But yes there can be display quesions. GENERALLY, they are not difficult though.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    chelch wrote:
    I have a question. I went to the comptia web site to see what the objectives for the A+ 2001 core test are but did not see anything on displays?? Is that material not on the test? Thanks
    Are you sure you looked at the core exam objectives? ;)

Without wanting to seem arrogant: if we have TechNotes about it, it is on the exam, which doesn't mean it will be on your exam though. All our TechNotes are directly based on one or more exam objectives. In this case (Display TechNotes) it is based on the 2003 exam objectives, but surely many of the topics apply to the 2001 exam. (monitor, video card and LCD panels are listed one or more times in the 2001 objectives)
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I took the old adaptive exams last December/January, and didn't get any display questions.
    Because the adaptive exam had only 20-30 questions on the exam not all topics make an appearance.
    Ricka182 wrote:
    As a tip, instead of trying to have knowledge just to pass the exams, you should have the knowledge to diagnose and correct any situation. The more you know, the better. That way, if it is on any test, you won't have to worry, you can be confident instead.

Great tip!
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    yes. excellent tip.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    cb6000cb6000 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did not see any on today's A+ exam.
  • Options
    chelchchelch Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the help guys. I just finished reading all the core stuff in the mike meyers 4th ed book. I am taking the core test on november 15th and I am freaking out because it seems like so much stuff to study for!!!!!