Tentative Upcoming Book Release Dates

Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Here's a list of tentative upcoming book release dates. Nothing firm on the ISSEP and SSCP dates yet and it's possible those two time frames are optimistic. For candidates who were curious about this, hopefully this information will be of assistance.

1. Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CSSLP CBK, Second Edition - August 22nd, 2013

2. Official (ISC)2 Guide to the ISSAP CBK, Second Edition - late August/early September

3. Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCFP CBK - projecting October for the ibook, November for the hard copy

4. Official (ISC)2 Guide to the ISSEP CBK, Second Edition - Fall/Winter 2013

5. Official (ISC)2 Guide to the SSCP CBK, Third Edition - Fall/Winter 2013

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm glad to see new editions of the ISSAP and ISSEP CBK guides being released. We occasionally have members looking for additional resources to study for those exams. I'll need to pick up the SSCP 3rd ed for myself.
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Joel, anything on ISSMP or the current book is still valid for a while?
  • Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Moyondizvo,

Unfortunately, I don't have an update on ISSMP at this time. I'll look into this and see if there's an estimated time frame for it.
    Update I've received with loose estimated time frames. As always, these are very subject to change.

CSSLP- Out now
    ISSAP- Out now
    CCFP- December 2013
    SSCP- End of Q1 2014
    ISSEP- End of Q1 2014
    HCISPP- Q2 2014
    ISSMP- Q3 2014

The new cloud computing certification (not on website, under development) will also have a book published. Estimated time frame is Q2 2014.
  • redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    new cloud computing certification

I have known this exam was going to exist for only the last half minute and I already intend to be one of the first 10 to pass it. Any recommended study materials?

EDIT: Knowing (ISC)2's international bend, I would wager that CSA and ENISA best practice guidance will be closest in the event that the test arrives earlier than the book. Is there a beta testing group I can pay to get into?

SECOND EDIT: A summary Google proved me half right. (ISC)2 and CSA are teaming up on it, release anticipated 2014. Hrmph.
    redz wrote: »
    I have known this exam was going to exist for only the last half minute and I already intend to be one of the first 10 to pass it. Any recommended study materials?

EDIT: Knowing (ISC)2's international bend, I would wager that CSA and ENISA best practice guidance will be closest in the event that the test arrives earlier than the book. Is there a beta testing group I can pay to get into?

SECOND EDIT: A summary Google proved me half right. (ISC)2 and CSA are teaming up on it, release anticipated 2014. Hrmph.

The cloud computing certification is still in development so I lack answers at this time. While we offer public beta classes for established certifications that are going through curriculum and format changes, typically beta classes for new certifications are private and just for instructors and internal stakeholders.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My experience with the "green books" have been that the real reason for buying them is to go more through the "biblios" than the text contained within. In other words I found most of my study from the books became more along the lines of research in the referenced bibliographic information.

I'd be curious enough to go through the newest edition to see how much will change. The pass rating for the concentrations appear to be very low and not climbing like the CISSP numbers.

- b eads
    Joel,

I really appreciate the information thus far. It has been most helpful in determining my study path and near-to-mid term certification goals. I don't want to seem ungrateful or anything - just excited.
    Redz, no worries. icon_thumright.gif I will continue to update this thread as I receive periodic updates.
    Latest update I've received with loose estimated time frames. As always, these are very subject to change.

CCFP- Q1 2014
    HCISPP- Q2 2014
    Cloud (acronym TBD)- Q2 2014
    ISSMP- Late Q2 to early Q3 2014
    SSCP- Late Q2 to early Q3 2014
    CISSP- Q4 2014
    ISSEP- On hold
    CAP- No ETA
    Hey Joel -

I know I nag you every time you come around here with updates, and I'm sorry for that, but you always provide a wealth of information.

So, now that my apology is out of the way, would you be able to give me a ballpark estimate of the when the cloud security exam is intended to go live?

Thanks much!
    icon_lol.gif

Redz, I'm always more than happy to provide updates where I can. Ballpark estimate is early April for the Cloud exam. There's been no official announcement on it yet but that will come sometime in Q1 2014.

As always, it's tentative and subject to change.
    I know it's subject to change, but I do appreciate the early-estimate. Thank you! :)
  • jfitzgjfitzg Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any update on the release dates? Particularly the HCISPP book?
  • JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am also interested to hear if there are any updates. Specifically, is there an update on the ISSEP book?
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is no official text for sale on the ISC2 website, unlike the ISSAP & ISSMP which both have newer versions for sale. So it's possible there is something in the works. The older one is available to rent on Amazon, so you don't have to pay full price for it.
    Also, I have a subscription to Safari, and the CBK book isn't on there, either - but there is a video course that looks like it covers some of the same material.