Passed today

meinslameinsla Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed, first try. Honestly, I about 70% sure I was going to fail this one going in. It didn't help that I was a nervous wreck. About 15 minutes in I was getting really light-headed and couldn't concentrate and thought I was about to have a panic attack or something. Luckily it mostly subsided. Although, I probably burned 1000 calories today from my leg shaking. In retrospect, it may have been my breakfast which only consisted of a 5-hour-energy shot, and I don't normally consume caffeine. On an unrelated note, that survey at the end should be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

I was sad to see the test did not delve very far into some topics I studied really hard on. I won't mention them here in case it breaks an NDA. But I am glad to have passed none the less.

Prep material: Studied a few hours a day for about 3 weeks or so and then crammed non-stop for the last 2-3 days. Used Professer Messer videos, thumbed through an exam cram book for more indepth info, and made lots of flash cards for port numbers, acronyms, protocols, wireless/wired standards.
Desired certs: Security+, Linux+, CCNA, MCSA Server 2016

Comments

• NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Congrats! How hard were the questions you had?
  • kye.daveykye.davey Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

What's up next for you?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • meinslameinsla Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I am going to get the trifecta and then maybe work towards CCNA. Is it true that security+ is easier than net+ like I've heard?
    Desired certs: Security+, Linux+, CCNA, MCSA Server 2016
  • clndevclndev Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! This one was tough for me too!
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I think they should give you your score before the survey then you would know whether or not you should give them a good review. icon_lol.gif
  • TjaljewTjaljew Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□