CISA and CAP

KiyoriKiyori Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
It's recommended that I go for the CAP for a job that I just started. Is there any carryover between CISA and CAP? After searching for study materials, the CISA came up, and I'm wondering if I could use that material to prep for the CAP.

-Kiyori

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was about to ask what the heck the CAP was but then Googled it. Lo and behold a CISSP holder for a decade, and an active ISC2 member, and I just learned of the cap thanks to Kiyori. Goes to show ISC2's latest marketing budget must be hurting....

otherwise, sorry Kiyori. I know nothing about the CAP. I'm even going out on a limb and assuming you're talking about the ISC2 CAP and not some other random auditing cap
  • KiyoriKiyori Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was about to ask what the heck the CAP was but then Googled it. Lo and behold a CISSP holder for a decade, and an active ISC2 member, and I just learned of the cap thanks to Kiyori. Goes to show ISC2's latest marketing budget must be hurting....

otherwise, sorry Kiyori. I know nothing about the CAP. I'm even going out on a limb and assuming you're talking about the ISC2 CAP and not some other random auditing cap

Yes, the (ISC)2 CAP and the ISACA CISA.

-Kiyori
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CISA will help on things like best practice and auditing processes...but CAP is solely based on NIST and compliance to the framework. Basically there isn't a ton of overlap...if you are evaluating systems and documentation it could be helpful but if you are writing up the documentation...they are different aspects.