advice needed before i contact pearson vue with my latest exam

Hi all,

I took a exam recently and failed which is okay but i have come to realise when checking Cisco website that i was meant to receive 65 - 75 questions but in my case i received under that amount.

300-209 SIMOS - Cisco

I am thinking of talking to pearson vue tomorrow about it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen before? i don't want to break anything with regards to nda but would appreciace some advice

Thanks all
Currently Studying: CCNP Security
300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
300-208 - TBC
300-210 - TBC

Comments

• EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've typically found that exams have less questions than advertised. It's fairly normal. I think CISSP and CEH are the only ones that are normally spot-on with question quantity.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've typically found that exams have less questions than advertised. It's fairly normal. I think CISSP and CEH are the only ones that are normally spot-on with question quantity.
    That is when they say maximum number of questions...with Cisco you fall within a range of questions.

Op, perhaps there was multi part questions? I find it pretty hard to believe the computer shorted the amount. Anyways, what is your goal by contacting them? Were you close in score?
  • craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    With regards to my situation I was given a number based in the low 50's with the amount of questions. If I was given the amount of questions in the range mentioned on Cisco own website then I feel I could of passed.
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    That is when they say maximum number of questions...with Cisco you fall within a range of questions.
    When I took my CCNA Security, it was forty-something questions, but Cisco's site says sixty to seventy. CompTIA lists Linux+ tests as being sixty questions, but I only had forty-something each there, as well.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When I took my CCNA Security, it was forty-something questions, but Cisco's site says sixty to seventy. CompTIA lists Linux+ tests as being sixty questions, but I only had forty-something each there, as well.
    All at the same testing center? Honestly you are the only person I've seen with that kind of anamoly...I'm not super surprised with CompTIA since all their other exams usually list a maximum number. I guess you are a lucky one!
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    All at the same testing center? Honestly you are the only person I've seen with that kind of anamoly...I'm not super surprised with CompTIA since all their other exams usually list a maximum number. I guess you are a lucky one!
    Yeah, I always go to the same place (it's only a couple miles down the road). I just thought it was normal to get less questions like that..... I would've passed either way, but hey, I'm cool with saving fifteen minutes icon_lol.gif
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    On Cisco exams, labs (usually) = multiple questions. I'm not sure how they calculated the total question count in this case...

BTW, I see you have a retake on 5/9. Good luck!
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
    On Cisco exams, labs (usually) = multiple questions. I'm not sure how they calculated the total question count in this case...

BTW, I see you have a retake on 5/9. Good luck!

Thank you :)

In the end i decided not to contact them about it based on everyone feedback.
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
    so i retook my exam today and had the same amount of questions as before and i don't think any of them was different. but fortunately managed to pass :D
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    craigaaron wrote: »
    so i retook my exam today and had the same amount of questions as before and i don't think any of them was different. but fortunately managed to pass :D

Congrats!
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
  • boutaibiboutaibi Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have next 2 week exam of simos , please i have some info .
    how many question i will expect
    what is de passing score
    hoe many simulation are
    and extra info if you have