Options

HELP!! Need Advice to cram for 70-680

wishmeluck82wishmeluck82 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok... so... I have a million things going on in my life right now, to include being 5 months prego and a million work deadlines but then add to all of that I have to get some certs fast quick and in a hurry. I have the 70-680 scheduled for Friday and to be honest it has been so hard to study. I bought the exam replay voucher so don't worry, I'm not planning on passing by Friday because I know how unrealistic that is. But I really do want to get as close as possible to passing so that when I go to take it the second time I will definitely pass.

Where do I begin! What do I even focus on? Honestly this all could not have come at a worst time when all I really want to do is lay down and go to sleep but I also enjoy having a job haha.

What I have so far is: I have purchased a month on the cbtnuggets site, I bought the exam replay with the measure up practice test, I also have found Prof Messer's site and am going to do the videos today. I just don't know, it's all so daunting and overwhelming when you look at the body of material from a bird's eye so I'm freaking out.

Any advice will be soooo appreciated. I want to make the most use of my next 3 days (while I also have to complete work projects). It would be so nice if work was slow at this time but unfortunately that is not the case. Like I said my only saving grace is getting to take this twice. But twice is all I would like to do.

Thanks in advance for any advice you smart folks can offer!

Comments

• Options
    NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope all goes well.

How much of the material have you studied so far?

Professor Messer is great for review and measure up's practice questions are harder than the actual exam.

Are you going to take any maternity leave? If so, perhaps re-schedule the exam to take the stress off and continue to study unless you're really comfortable.
  • Options
    NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Also don't be nervous, especially if you don't think you will pass. I passed the exam first time but beforehand I thought I was going to fail.

Negative thinking sometimes work!

If it's your first MS exam, it will definitely give you a feel and know what kind of questions you'll get.
  • Options
    Hi!! Ok so I couldn't find this thread at all and I thought it never posted. So what happened was, I wasn't prepared, not gonna act like I studied very hard the first time (that's why I bought the exam replay bundle) and I went in and got a 576 which didn't displease me considering the amount of effort I put in AND I hadn't used Prof Messer videos yet or even Transcender tests. Then I went in a second time to take it last Friday and the computers weren't working! ha! So then I had to reschedule which was a nightmare through Pearson Vue and finally was able to do that and get a new test date for Monday May 8. I am studying all weekend and taking practice exams, I feel okay about it and after I am done with this I will have to take 410 and 411 back to back and pass them by June or else get laid off - YIKES. Bad timin for that.

I posted earlier about 410 and411 also in case you come across that one too.

Thanks for the congrats, I'm actually 7 months and they aren't letting me postpone til after maternity since I don't go on it til July time :/
  • Options
    Welllll it looks like it's gonna take me the same 3 times! I'm so pissed right now! I got a 638 and I am pretty sure it's because I went back and changed a few answers. I dunno if it's my being pregnant but about halfway through this crap I am cross eyed and tired of reading it lol. I had my mental breakdown earlier over the losing $$ and the close score but now I'm moving on.

Thanks for the encouragement!