Should I renew CASP?

andrewdmandrewdm Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just recently received my CISSP certification. What are some reasons that I might want to submit continuing education fees for the CASP (which in turn renews Security+/Network+ for me) as well? On the one hand, the annual fee isn't too much for me. On the other, if it's not doing anything for me, I guess I'd rather cut my losses early.

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Personally, I just like to keep all my certs alive. At one point, I spent a lot of time, effort, and money getting them, so I want to keep them.

Other than that, unless it's a job requirement, the CISSP should be enough. Although, I don't know if it was the same experience for you, but there are plenty of people that say the CASP was just as (or more) challenging than CISSP. May be worth keeping them active.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Unless money is a big issue, I would renew them. Sure Sec+ and CASP seem a bit redundant because you have a CISSP, but it still renew your Network+
  • andrewdmandrewdm Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, PCTechLinc and SteveLavoie! For now I'll renew and kick the can down the road a few years. icon_biggrin.gif