Advice required

Dear All,

Would appreciate some advice, my plans are to try for the OSCP in the future (I have a very strong networking background) but I also found the course to be very dry ("try harder") and hence felt quite lost in the labs. As a pre-requisite to gain some better understanding of the techniques I was looking at an alternative certification. My original idea was to go for the CEH but discovered the eLS courses today. Which would you recommend (I seem to be verging on the eLS side of things due to the practical nature of the course vs the theoretical nature of the CEH)

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In your list of certs, it shows you already have CEH. Do you have an old version or it's expired or? Why would you want to do it again?

I suggest doing the junior course from eLearnSecurity. It'll really guide you step-by-step on what to do, you won't feel as lost when you'll attempt the OSCP again.
  • dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
    Its an ancient v5 version, yes I decided to go for the eLS after watching the demo
  • redworldredworld Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're choosing one as a pre-req of sorts for OSCP, then you might as well test the waters with the eLearnSecurity certs. You wont find many employers that value it but it's actually applicable to penetration testing, unlike CEH.