Passed MPLS

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
Got 926, that completes my CCIP thank God!
No more exams for me for a while, i'm just going to revise and do more lab work on ccnp/ccip material.The exam was tough but not as tough as the bgp.I did face the most difficult sim to date,lots to do without a complete topology view.15 questions down i already had 1 sim and 2 testlets,45 mins left on the clock with 35 questions to come!! This had me a little paniced and i had a little race on my hands which is disapointing as i couldnt spend the time on the questions that was needed.
Second Sim came with about 10 questions left, i knew the problem as soon as i saw the question but i just ran through afew show commands just incase they were needed to score points.Anyway i finished with 10mins on the clock so i wish the question arrangement was better laid out.
Materials i used, i think i used practically everything on the ccie sp track,but only reading the parts which were relavent to the ccip blueprint.Sybex is a complete waste of time so dont bother.
Enjoyable exam to study except for having to look at Cisco's points of view regarding RT assignments etc.Also i found it difficult to grasp the mpls concepts due to the layout of all the books.It crazy really, they go from simple mpls concepts to VPNs and then to TE.My advice is to do TE second and VPN stuff last.
Thats me done and i dont think you will see a passing thread from me for a while, unless i get motivated and do CWNA but for now i dont think so.
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
    Congratulations!

:)
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Nice score Ed !

Good luck for your magic number.. icon_wink.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congrats Ed icon_thumright.gif
    High score too, wow icon_eek.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Congrats!!!
    Now working full time!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats ed

icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey Ed, is there any reason why you pursued the CCIP before the CCNP? Good job on the score :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    Hey Ed, is there any reason why you pursued the CCIP before the CCNP? Good job on the score :)

I pursued both at the same time but finished ccnp first. CCIP material is more interesting and i felt like i was wasting time studying ccnp as the material was outdated.I wish i never studied bcran as it was a waste of a month,i'm sure the new replacement exams are much more interesting, but the overlap between the new ccnp exams and ccip makes it pointless to do both.Jobwise i think ccvp is a good option,maybe i will pursue this next before ccie depending on how my job hunting pans out.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$