Options

Started WAPT

TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
Started WAPT and was wondering how does it compare to other courses and books? Has anyone taken the WAPTX or SANS equivalent? What are your thoughts about WAPT? Making sure I bought the right course and looking forward to learning more.

Please list any courses or books you recommend on web applications for security guys!
These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you talking about the eLearnSecurity course?
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I bought the course almost 2 years ago when it was released.

I (re)-started studying today, my lab time expires 1st of July, will try to finish it by then to avoid needing to purchase extra lab time.

As for resources, in the slides they provide links to external resources when needed.

You paid for it already, so go through it and get the certification, at minimum you will get some useful information that will help you if you decide to go for other certification in the same field.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck on the pursuit. Their WAPT/X courses have always been tempting.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah! Bit the temptation and got it. Seems like a couple of modules are completely copied for the PTP. I thought maybe a condensed version but this isn't the case. Slightly disappointed but trucking on.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/