WDS using OEM media

mattsaundersmcpmattsaundersmcp Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys

I have been playing around with WDS for the 70-411 exam and I work for a company that supports small to medium size businesses, the clients I support do not use Volume license copies of Windows 10, they use the copy that comes with the PCs.

I have to install a lot of new computers for clients and I want to be more efficient, I have two questions:

1. Are we allowed to use WDS with OEM media (I'm guessing not)
2. Lets say I setup a new Lenovo computer with all apps, updates etc, run sysprep and create an image using DISM, could I use this Lenovo image on say a Dell computer? Or is it best to keep the Lenovo image just for Lenovo computers due to drivers issues? Basically I am asking if I can use one image as a master image for all future computers I setup.

Thanks

Comments

• kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You will definitely have some driver related issues if you deploy a Lenovo image onto a Dell.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • mattsaundersmcpmattsaundersmcp Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kaiju wrote: »
    You will definitely have some driver related issues if you deploy a Lenovo image onto a Dell.

Thats what I thought, so you're saying its best to keep the Lenovo image just for Similar Lenovo PCs?
    What about using OEM media with WDS?
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    For testing purposes it may work but you will still need to load the appropriate drivers.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!