Failed LX0-104

QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I went for LX0-104 to compete my Linux+ this morning. Oh boy was I not prepared. So many questions regarding X configuration and I had 19 fill in the blanks. Is this common?

What in the world! I used CBT nuggets videos, read the Sybex book and took Transcender Exams. Was scoring 90% on Transcender.

I really feel like I was prepared for a CompTIA exam. Is there anything I can do other than memorize the whole books Glossary? I plan to start with some flash cards. However, I didn't expect to have to write in 1/3 of the test.

Everyone states this one was the easy one! I feel so beat....

Comments

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Ucertify practice questions and prep engine
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the test about 10 days ago. Not sure if I had that many fill-ins, really didn't keep track, but there were a lot.

I used uCertify and CertMaster as my primary preps. I thought both did a good job of preparing me for the type and difficulty level of questions. If I could only use one, I'd probably go with uCertify, but I was glad to have had both.

Now that you know what you're dealing with, you'll get it next time! Good luck!
    Joe
  • pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
    seems very unusual amount of fill in blanks,on 103 had like one mkdir :] ,mines due in months time,pretty good foundation on networking/protocols part, but very weak on sh scripting and SQL
  • QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed today. A lot easier test. No where near what I described above. The extra prep was helpful as well, but over all it was the test.
  • ViolatedViolated Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job! Time to update your Certs!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • indigomx9indigomx9 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed LX0-104 as well. I had at least 15 fill in the blanks and they were all vague questions. I used the Sybex and Kaplan, although that seemed outdated. I'm considering UCertify.
  • TjaljewTjaljew Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□