Comptia CertMaster Delux bundle

js586850js586850 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got an email saying that their bundle is going for $397. It comes with Certmaster (whatever that is), voucher, and a retake voucher. I think the normal test cost about $330ish. This a good deal? Has anyone else purchased this?

Comments

• joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's the COmptia member price, so definitely a good deal. Full price on that is 779 all told.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Certmaster is basically practice test software that, if my memory serves, will test you to the point where you have answered the question twice correctly before it will take it out of the pool. If you use just Certmaster as your teaching tool, you will likely fail, so make sure that you have a book or two. By looking up what the subjects in the book(s) that you missed in Certmaster, you will not only know the answer but know the who, what, when, where, and why.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the bundle for both A+ tests, Network +, and now for Security +. For A+, I thought CertMaster helped a lot. Network +... not so much. I just started Security + so I'm not sure if I can recommend it yet.

CertMaster is hit and miss, but that retake voucher really helps out. A little more peace of mind when you go in for the 1st attempt.
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
  • js586850js586850 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wound up buying it, figured it was worth it just for the retake alone. I'll check out certmaster but I already have the Derrill G. book and premium content so it won't be my only method of learning. Thanks for help!
  • jon828jon828 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought that because I liked the insurance of the retake voucher. CertMaster was terrible though for Security +. I did not find useful, but the retake voucher alone makes it worth it I think.
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Best part of the bundle is the security blanket of the retake.