Passed my N+

tensmithtensmith Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone this is my first post, although I have lurked on here for a while. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the time to post their tips, they really helped me out.

I passed the N+ two days ago with a 771, but I definitely wasn’t very confident while waiting to see the score. I just knew as I finished up the test that I had just wasted the better part of $300 and was kicking myself for not paying a little extra for the retake voucher. I was mentally taking notes on what I needed to study for my next attempt. After the survey (which as many on here have stated, can be a little nerve wracking to get through) I felt like getting up a dancing when I saw that I had passed.
As for study methods, I read both the Mike Meyers All-In-One and the Exam Cram books (twice each), watched Prof. Messer, Jason Dion, and Cybrary videos, and used the Pearson Lab Simulator (I highly recommend this). I took practice exams over and over, and to repeat what many have said, don’t just memorize the answers, but try and actually understand why the answers are correct. I cannot stress this enough, many of the questions are not straight forward and are geared towards testing you to see if you understand how and where things like protocols are used in a real world situations.

Anyways, sorry for the long post and thanks again for all of the tips. I hope that my post might help others taking the test in the future.

Comments

• Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. What's next ?
  • tensmithtensmith Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My plan was to tackle the Sec+ next. However, I just started a new job two months ago, and it may depend on what they want me to get. When I was hired it was a requirement that I get my N+ within three months. Now that I have passed it, I am supposed to travel to Corporate HQ for a week and probably discuss what their plans for me are. I am sure a Microsoft path of some sort is in my future. My company is going to pay for some classes and training, so I am pretty excited.
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif Unexpected big achievements are always royal!
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!icon_thumright.gif
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. It's also good to hear there are still companies willing to invest in employee training and certification.
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What kind of job do you have?
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Kingshad336Kingshad336 Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how long did you study for? im in the process of studying and taking the net+
  • renzyboirenzyboi Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I always love to hear stories where the company invests on the talent of their employees.
    It means you are really valuable to their business and they make sure they have a good plan for you.

Anyway, congrats on the pass.