Professor Messer’s CompTIA 220-901 and 220-902 A+ Training Course

Ohioman1972Ohioman1972 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used this?
I have been watching the free videos. So far it's review for me. I haven't hit anything I didn't know yet but I am still pretty early into hardware.
I'm figuring if the free videos are accurate, up to date, and easy to follow, it may be worth it to pay for study guides.
Any feedback on the videos?

Comments

• boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight 3 months free Visual Studio. Microsofts TechNet.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Ohioman1972Ohioman1972 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you
    I'm just getting started in IT. I don't have a ton of knowledge yet. Just enough to build a PC and do very basic troubleshooting for my family....
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Professor Messors videos and CertMaster was what I used to pass. Together they are great resource because both of them follow the same order that the actual A+ objectives cover so you can look at the objectives on the Comptia site, watch the PM videos, and then do the Certmaster questions. Section by section. To me, this was the easiest way to do it. Other resources do things out of order so it can be hard studying from multiple resources at the same time.
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
  • Ohioman1972Ohioman1972 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cameron M wrote: »
    Professor Messors videos and CertMaster was what I used to pass. Together they are great resource because both of them follow the same order that the actual A+ objectives cover so you can look at the objectives on the Comptia site, watch the PM videos, and then do the Certmaster questions. Section by section. To me, this was the easiest way to do it. Other resources do things out of order so it can be hard studying from multiple resources at the same time.

Thank you for the feedback! I will continue watching the videos!
  • janjajanja Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I used Professor Messer youtube videos course notes, pluralsight (sign up with student.edu email get 6months free) and examcram A+ book $24 at amazon am officially A+ certified today they 901 took me one month on and off reading and the 902 took me 3 days serious reading for 902
  • ira.aira.a Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I attend WGU, and used uCertify (okay), Prof. Messer (good), and hands-on knowledge (best) to pass the 901 & 902.
  • DogLordDogLord Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been using Professor Messer along with the Seth Meyer's book too.

Professor Messer has a Study Group that he streams live too. I don't watch/listen to that but I do download it as a podcast and listen to it while I'm moving about. He asks questions and goes over the answers. A fun and informative listen. The after hours, second hour of the group/podcast, isn't strictly questions and answers stuff, but worth a listen to for general tidbits and other interesting things.