Anyone sit for 70-410 in the past few weeks..

Just curious if anyone has sat for the 70-410 exam within the last month or so.. just wanted to see how the exam was..

Comments

• AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why does it have to be "within the last month or so... "? This makes it seem like you are dumping.

I passed it in October. What is your question about the exam?
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Theres no easy 'batch' of questions if thats what youre wondering.

It has always been pretty hard for this test.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It doesn't really matter if it was in the past month or the past year - it's the same exam. The exam is fairly difficult. I don't think I've ever seen a post on here from someone saying the exam wasn't hard. Even those of us with several years of experience had difficulty with it. Study and lab as much as you can. Don't sit for the exam until you really feel comfortable with doing every objective the exam covers. You should be able to lab everything in the GUI and Powershell both. I didn't find the exam to be "tricky", but it is comprehensive and requires you to really know your material in-depth. If you study and lab enough like you're supposed to and you really read the questions and look at all of the possible answers you can pass it on the first attempt. Take your time with it. Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everyone in this thread are dead on. The exam is challenging even to the most experienced professional. Microsoft wants to make sure you know what you are talking about when you sit for this bad boy.

One thing I will say is that Microsoft is constantly adding and removing questions and tweaking questions to combat cheating and to respond to comments by test takers. If you sit one month and you sit another month for the same test you are going to have a different pool of questions and even if you see the same question twice it may be altered ever so slightly. Make sure you read the full context of each question.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    I haven't seem many recent posts on anyone sitting for the exam, so was curious if anyone had sat for the exam recently and what their experience was.. I've heard conflicting stories on how it was.. some say easy, some say super tough.. I'm sitting for it in about 4 weeks myself.. just wanted to know what to expect..

Also what I find on most exams is that they have to cover every topic and scenario, but in the real world we might only end up using a portion of what we studied for.. like WDS some companies may never use it and some will, but you still have to study for it.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ra13 wrote: »
    I haven't seem many recent posts on anyone sitting for the exam, so was curious if anyone had sat for the exam recently and what their experience was.. I've heard conflicting stories on how it was.. some say easy, some say super tough.. I'm sitting for it in about 4 weeks myself.. just wanted to know what to expect..

Also what I find on most exams is that they have to cover every topic and scenario, but in the real world we might only end up using a portion of what we studied for.. like WDS some companies may never use it and some will, but you still have to study for it.

Unfortunately that is true to a degree. Very rarely will you find a company that employs all the tools and features available in Windows Server. If you think about it, this makes sense. Small Companies may not benefit from a full WDS deployment as they don't have that many machines being imaged and built. Meanwhile a large company may not use IPAM because Microsoft IPAM doesn't scale very well for the super large organizations. Then look at Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc. many of those features overlap large and small companies and are something that you're going to see everywhere.

Another thing to think about is part of what Microsoft is doing is also exposing you in a "controlled" way to some general technologies. WDS covers deployments and the terminology between that and products like Altiris isn't all that different. The same applies to iSCSI. Most companies won't use Windows to do iSCSI storage but knowing the Microsoft side of it does help with understanding some of the other technologies offered by third parties.

Its all relevant, you just have to imagine the context sometimes. :)
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    Thanks @poolmajim.. def agree!!