Passed 70-680 (April 2017)

darius.nbpdarius.nbp Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Many thanks for all the advice in my previous thread. I have just passed 70-680 with the score of 770.

This is what I have done -

Watched all Professer Messer's videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxTES80aWbA&list=PLFDB3092A28437EEE) and some 'IT free training' videos of only 12 hours (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkqWLB26Fzc&list=PL2552C352B8B8E11A), then created my virtual lab, did exactly what was he doing in his videos.
Read the free books on MCSA available online, did more and more practice of everything of Windows7.

Went through old sample questions available online, I chose the website randomly and keep testing myself. I started studying on 1st of December and took exam on 24th April. I studied on and off for 1-2 hours everyday but in the last month I was all over it.

There were 55 (not 45) questions, some with multiple choices of 8 where I had to choose 2. Some questions are tricky and one can find it easy as long as your base is built stronger by Messer's video. I walked out from the exam centre in 45 minutes. On the whole, my conclusion is that, it's not a super easy thing to pass but if you study and practice regularly then you can crack it. If you do not have any IT background like me then just play with your VM and get that feeling of crashing and fixing things.

Noe, my second hurdle for MCSA is 70-685, any suggestion from anybody, how can I prep for this ?

Thanks

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Excellent News
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

70-685 is pretty tough. The exam objectives are really vague. There's a bit of crossover from the 70-640/70-642. So, if you can read the remote access chapters from 642, the certificates chapters from 640, and the DNS chapters from both(MS Press books) and lab those areas a bit too, that should help. Of course get the 70-685 MS press book too.

I have my exam notes from when I passed last month if you want me to upload them.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • darius.nbpdarius.nbp Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes please Pseudonym , Can you upload it here.

Many thanks.
  • dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Everyone - Passed 685 with the score of 851. Now => 70-410
    The free practice exams in Windows 7 Desktop Support and Administration book by Darril Gibson was extremely helpful. I signed up for a trial week of CBT nugget and cancel my membership after recording all videos. I must say that I studied on the average 3-5 hours a day.
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Wow 3-5 hours a day, that's great commitment and you passed for all of your hard work. Well done!
  • fla80fla80 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Darius,

Congrats!!
    How did you record the videos from CBT?

Thanks!
    fla80 google SNAGIT
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Daz.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE