CWTS Exam Discount and Free eLearning Package

xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
I found this info on CWNP's Facebook site, which I didn't see anywhere else on Techexams:

CWNP's CWTS is being retired at the end of 2018; apparently this material is being rolled into their other certs (much like CompTIA's Mobility+, which is being retired at the end of 2017, since its material is increasingly included in their A+ and Network+ certs, from what I've read).

CWTS Exam info: $150, but only $100 with the code CWTSEV

-60 questions, 90 minutes
-eLearning: $295, but free with code CWTSPTEL (I just "bought" this today)

They're announcing two new certs today at 11am MST: CWS and CWT

-If you want to sign up for that webinar, you can register here

Enjoy. :)
A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+

Comments

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice deal. I grabbed the training. Not so sure I'd want to take the exam, though. It looks like it's focused on sales people and very entry level.

Great deal for those wanting to get the cert, though! Free training, discounted cert. If it drops again, I might take it. Just for shits and giggles. :)
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, a good intro for those who don't have a lot of experience with wireless (like me). Eventually, I'd like to go CWNA and then CCNA Wireless, but first things first!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OMG the code for training worked!!!

I've been wanting to get this cert for a while but brought the CWNA book. I figure I should get this cert along with the OSWP.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I signed up for the free training, Thanks.
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jamesleecoleman
    That was a nice surprise! Both a co-worker and I tried it out before I dared to post it. It sounds like those two codes will be good until they retire the cert is retired.

wd40
    Glad I could help out!
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Free!? That's a sweet deal. CWTS is a nice introductory certification for wireless, and if you're already on the CWNA study track it's a good segway to take the CWTS cert as a practice exam to CWNA. And the CWTS will still be a "lifetime" certification after the test itself is retired.

I may go ahead and attempt the new certs when they release, at least the CWT, just to see how I do. However, they appear to require renewals every three years like the other CWNP certs.
  • MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well.. Looks like I need to knock this off my bucket list before it goes away. Glad I was able to get the free training and the discount on the exam price. I have the study guide on PDF so might as well get cracking.
  • tabassum.1234tabassum.1234 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this is a nice forum, i liked it
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Huge thanks! Im getting the course for free! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"