Options

Passed LX0-104 today, got Linux+ and LPIC-1

ccboy85ccboy85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, brief story short. Did LX-103 about a year ago, had a baby, had to take a few months off from EVERYTHING.

Picked up Linux again earlier this year and studied as hard as I could for LX0-104. Some days I'd get 30 minutes of studying done, some days I'd get 2-3 hours of studying. It was rough.

I'm mainly in a Windows environment and had very little Linux knowledge before this. Used Ubuntu (debian) and CentOS (rpm) for all of my studying.

Here's the resources I used:

1) Linux Academy
2) CBT Nuggets
3) Ucertify

4) CompTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1 Cert Guide: (Exams LX0-103 & LX0-104/101-400 & 102-400) (Certification Guide) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
by Ross Brunson (Author), Sean Walberg (Author)

[FONT=&amp]5) Practical LPIC-1 Linux Certification Study Guide 1st ed. Edition[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]by David Clinton [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

For this go around, I thought linuxacademy was overkill and provided a lot of unnecessary information. Linux academy was pretty good for LX0-103, which transferred nicely to the exam.

This is the first time I've used uCertify and I can say, this probably helped me the most. It had numerous quizzes, TESTS and exercises that actually had carry over to the LX0-104 exam. I also got 25% off the price because of an Easter special. Ucertify has discounts, so be on the look out for those!!

CBT Nuggets videos were good and to the point. Their narrator is better than linuxacademy's and he keeps you interested with easy to understand analogies.

The CompTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1 Cert Guide text book has everything you'll ever need to know and it's very easy to read and provides indepth knowledge.

Overall, I thought LX0104 was easier than LX0103. I had 5-7 fill in the blanks which were pretty easy.
There were maybe 5 questions, verbatim, from uCertify that were on the LX0104 test. I wasnt taken by surprise from any of the questions asked on LX0104. I thought my studying, at worst, gave me enough knowledge to make a best "educated" guess.

Comments

• Options
    SkyDiver069SkyDiver069 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Still haven't written 103, yet. Only because there are a few areas I have yet to review. Figure I could probably pass now, but why go in with that attitude? IMO - It's better to feel you have the material locked into your cerebral - especially given the ~$300/cdn per test here.