Options

Passed CISM

asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I passed CISM exam today and experience with PSI was not good , they say today is the first time the are conducting ISACA exams on their test centre and almost waste an hour to setup all things , they even dont took personal belongings from candidates and let them sit for exam and lastly dont provide any letter or printout that i passed exam so technically i dont have any proof that i appear in exam and actually passed the exam , PSI is crap in comparison to Pearson VUE and a very bad choice in cost benefit analysis because it will hurt ISACA for reputation in long term

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I agree that you can tell ISACA went for PSI solely based on cost. Definitely nowhere near on par with Pearson. The thing I thought was annoying at my test center was that they kept the door to the test room wide open and you could hear all the noise from the "lobby".
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    asiru77 wrote: »
    Hi
    I passed CISM exam today and experience with PSI was not good , they say today is the first time the are conducting ISACA exams on their test centre and almost waste an hour to setup all things , they even dont took personal belongings from candidates and let them sit for exam and lastly dont provide any letter or printout that i passed exam so technically i dont have any proof that i appear in exam and actually passed the exam , PSI is crap in comparison to Pearson VUE and a very bad choice in cost benefit analysis because it will hurt ISACA for reputation in long term

Congratulation,

Sorry to hear that PSI was not good and I totally agree with you!
    I was in exam centre and wait for almost an hour and the exam still not in ready.
    Then i have to reschedule and the bad things, i lost my 1 day off and travel cost to the exam center.
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There seems to be a general consensus regarding feedback from candidates regarding their exam experiences. Hopefully the feedback submitted after the exam will be taken on board and changes will be made going forward. My own experiences were very poor - which has put me off in wanting to do another ISACA certification - which is a shame as it is a good name on the resume.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    WojtekChWojtekCh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone already received the results of the CISM exam from the May window ? I had an exam on May 16th and I have not got the results yet although I have preliminarily passed
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    WojtekCh wrote: »
    Has anyone already received the results of the CISM exam from the May window ? I had an exam on May 16th and I have not got the results yet although I have preliminarily passed

I got mine exactly 10 business days after taking it.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    WojtekCh wrote: »

please update when you get it , i am also waiting

thanks
  • Options
    WojtekChWojtekCh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you :) Dziękuję :)
  • Options
    Osama54321Osama54321 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dear asiru
    i have one question kindly please can you tell me that for passing this exam do we require experience to pass this exam or we can pass through **** only also
    please can you guide me on this
  • Options
    Osama54321 wrote: »
    dear asiru
    i have one question kindly please can you tell me that for passing this exam do we require experience to pass this exam or we can pass through **** only also
    please can you guide me on this

There is no experience requirement to pass exam but to get certified you need 5 year infosec experience you can search online for more info , frankly I don't prepare too much for CISM because i passed CISSP 2 month ago and it helped me a lot , also i would not recommend you any **** because of 2 reasons first they are not allowed by any certification body secondly frankly speaking no **** can prepare you for exams now a days due to a huge number of exams questions pool plus it's more a thinking game then just to memorize questions so if you don't know your stuff it's extremely difficult to pass exam period , you should take practice questions (whatever you say them) to check where you stand and understand the correct answers and logic behind question but not to memorize