Options

Two (2) Weeks before the EXAM

misthemisthe Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I started this new threat because I'm really stress with the EXAM.
The only thing that makes me feel OK is that i feel that I've prepared myself as much as i could (really!!).
Now I'm two weeks before the exam and everyday I'm making about 100 questions from 3 different quiz engines in order to keep my self in touch with the Exam. In all of these tests my score is about 80 % or above sometimes.

I'm not sure yet if everything is OK with my preparation.(I'll realize it that day :) )
I've read many of your posts and I feel that i have did most of these approaches.

Study
- Sybex --> 2-3 times
- AIA --> 2 times
- Eric Conrad --> 2 times

I've complete all the tests from the Engines

- CCCure
- Trancender
- Sybex test engine

And now I still don't know if I'm ready or not or if there is anything that i can do for the last two weeks.
I'll appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    apol0apol0 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi misthe,

I have just started studying for the CISSP and I wanted to ask you how many hours do you study per day (average) and for how long? Also, the Sybex Test Engine that you are using is an actual app or the test book?
  • Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you've done more then enough. If it were me I wouldn't be stressing.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    Hi all,

I study almost a Year and a half but this is hypothetically as it relates on the available time of each one.
    I usually used to read 3 hours per day and totally 12 hours per weekends.
    Nobody can be sure if he he has read enough and has comprehend the meaning of the content until the day :)
    I hope have understand the meaning of what i was reading all this period :)
    Any advice for the last two weeks...
  • Options
    leothebestleothebest Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your study methods are very comparable to mine and I just sat for the exam and passed yesterday. Keep studying to keep the material fresh and you should do well. Also ensure you are solid on the concept of Software design and testing.
  • Options
    First of all Congrats for your achievement !!!
    Could you please explain me what do you mean about the Software domain.
    Secondly I have hear that the questions are huge texts, so they don't much with what we have training until know from test engines? is it true
    How is the experience of the exam? do i need to care for something special?

thanks
  • Options
    safernandezsafernandez Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am just going to read the Sybex book for the first time. I think in your case, read more, can confuse. Obviously you are prepared. It may go wrong, but it will not happen. Surely in 2 weeks partying! To make you feel good, read Sybex 1 time and ask questions! So with everything you've studied, you'll probably be fine and you'll be CISSP. Greetings from Argentina.
  • Options
    leothebestleothebest Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you!!
    Chapter 21 of the Sybex study guide was very helpful for this test and the Sybex official Practice Test questions were very close to the how the questions were formatted.
    My experience may be different from other I sat a straight 5.5 hours focused and triple checked my answers before submitting the test. At the end I was dazed and tired, but the time flies by if your focused on the exam. There were questions that defeated me but when people say "Think like a manager" believe it, it may save your life.
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's okay to be nervous. I sure was when I sat for the exam this past weekend. I kept looking at the timer to make sure I didn't run out of time. I went through my marked answers twice just to make sure I didn't misread the questions. In the end, you have put in enough studying that should get you over the 70% mark. You just have to make sure you read through all the answers on the exam because a lot of times there are 2 correct answers, but they might say what's the BEST or MOST correct answer. You're right on track with the content you've read and the study engines you're using. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have time, watch Kelly Handerhand's Cybrary.it CISSP Chapter 1 about taking the exam. It's a good refresh on how to get your mind ready for the exam. It's about 19 mins long. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the Feedback :)
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Let us know how the test goes.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...