Passed today!

miketurkmiketurk Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller. I sat for my exam today and am pleased to say I passed with a 773. I had a total of 72 questions with 7 sims! I studied for a total of three months utilizing the GCGH book, premium content, and exam compass tests scoring mid 90's to 100's on all exams. I watched Professor Messer videos on all exam objectives I was not 100% on.

I will say that this test is very tough, but if you use Darril Gibsons strategy of knowing WHY you have the right answer and why the others are wrong, you will succeed!

Not sure what I want to sit for next. I am hoping to land this ISO job opening up in our facility shortly. My current manager has a thing for CISM. He says it goes a long way here in the Federal Govt.

Comments

• jshealeyjshealey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I took and passed the exam back in 2013 but never renewed so I'm trying to decide if I want to take the Security+ again or move on the CSA+. Decisions, decisions.
  • ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I passed mine recently as well. I think people underestimate the difficulty of this exam since it covers so much.

I'm studying for the SSCP now, which I hear has a lot of the same material as Security+, but I feel it will help prepare me for the CISSP early next year.

If you are looking to get into management and have the experience required, the CISM is a good choice. Look into the CISSP as well.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

I had the same exam on Friday and got almost the same score. Welcome to the club!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"