Options

CRISC Review

rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
I completed the CRISC exam at the start of the month. The study material I used was the official CRISC book and Q&A database. The book like all ISACA books was dry and not a great read I found the Q&A database to be much more useful.

I already have the CISM and CISA and similar to them I only used the above training material which I feel is enough to pass the exam, as long as you also have the professional experience.

The exam was CBT for the first time and is much like any other CBT exam if you have ever done one with ISC2, Microsoft etc. The only thing I found annoying is when you are going back reviewing your answers if you decide to change an answer it automatically takes you back to the final page showing all questions so you have to remember where you were and go back to that question to continue the review.

They do not give you a score at the end it just says pass or fail took about 10 days to get the results scored just under 700 and the application process was quick and painless.

Overall I would say this exam was less difficult then CISA and CISM as it was more specific and focused on one area you get the usual type of questions where it looks like two answers are correct but they also had quite a few obvious answers.

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Perfect! Thanks for the writeup. You answered the questions I had on the CRISC. I passed CISM a couple weeks back and am now taking the CISA in the next couple of weeks and then was going to knock out the CRISC real quick. I was hoping it was similar to the CISM in how easy it is. I found the CISM exceptionally easy where I could easily eliminate two answers, and it seemed to be all about risk anyways. The CISA is a bear so far.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rob1234 wrote: »
    I completed the CRISC exam at the start of the month. The study material I used was the official CRISC book and Q&A database. The book like all ISACA books was dry and not a great read I found the Q&A database to be much more useful.

I already have the CISM and CISA and similar to them I only used the above training material which I feel is enough to pass the exam, as long as you also have the professional experience.

The exam was CBT for the first time and is much like any other CBT exam if you have ever done one with ISC2, Microsoft etc. The only thing I found annoying is when you are going back reviewing your answers if you decide to change an answer it automatically takes you back to the final page showing all questions so you have to remember where you were and go back to that question to continue the review.

They do not give you a score at the end it just says pass or fail took about 10 days to get the results scored just under 700 and the application process was quick and painless.

Overall I would say this exam was less difficult then CISA and CISM as it was more specific and focused on one area you get the usual type of questions where it looks like two answers are correct but they also had quite a few obvious answers.

thanks for sharing , can you please share your endorsement experience how much time whole process take ?
  • Options
    rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    asiru77 wrote: »
    thanks for sharing , can you please share your endorsement experience how much time whole process take ?

Took 6 days from when I applied to get complete, but took 2 days to get the first response and say it had passed the first review.
  • Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rob1234 wrote: »
    Took 6 days from when I applied to get complete, but took 2 days to get the first response and say it had passed the first review.
    thanks for reply