CISM Passed - 8th May

rbsatishrbsatish Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took ISACA's new CBT approach and passed the CISM exam. While the CBT is certainly a good way, felt the testing centre wasnt so well prepared. ISACA is partnered with PSI which in turn has other testing centres to fall upon. Wasnt as good an experience as CISSP at a Pearson Centre. Nonetheless, its past now :).. Bought the CRM and QAE but ditched the CRM while doing the 2nd domain itself. Way too generic and verbose. Attempted the exam in under 90 mins.. Felt it to be much much easier than CISA and CISSP (both of which i hold). Got a standard on-screen message confirming the pass and stating that the results would be mailed within 10 working days. Will then have to fill the application form! Think i'll try the CSXP or OSCP next!!

Comments

• pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Your experience is similar to mine.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • CJ3CJ3 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation!!
  • jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you for the review you and JoJoCal19 have pumped me up i was nervous because for the life of me i could not survive the CRM. But I do have the DB and will be crunching that out.
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• rbsatishrbsatish Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the official mail from ISACA for passing the CISM. They have taken 10 days exactly. Now to application filing!!
  • shiva773shiva773 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I have my exam on 1st June, Can you please help me little bit in preparation, I have QAE of 2015, will that be enough?
  • kaygeorgekaygeorge Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, i am new to IT and i am currently preparing for cism with the cism prep guide,i hope the book will help out or other recommended books i could use
  • ramakrishnamanuramakrishnamanu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rbsatish wrote: »
    Got the official mail from ISACA for passing the CISM. They have taken 10 days exactly. Now to application filing!!

Dear Satish,

Can you please confirm and let me know where do you stay in India? I schedule my exam next week. I have some queries related exam. Possible can I get your email id. sot hat we can discuss by person or through phone

Regards,
    Ram
  • justdaveyjustdavey Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Just did the exam for this yesterday and have to agree. The CISSP prep worked wonders to prepare for this, I splurged on the QAE in the last week just to familiarize myself with the type of questions. Knocked it out in about 2 hours with a check through all the questions. I also found it easier than the CISSP.

I found the most useful advice was to look at the questions through the eye of a manager and not a security analyst or practitioner and the answers will make more sense. Remediating immediately isn't the answer. Trusting the strategy and the process is.

The test center I was at was the worst i've been in compared to the Pearson secure test center I took the CISSP at.

Congrats again!
  • asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    justdavey wrote: »
    Congrats. Just did the exam for this yesterday and have to agree. The CISSP prep worked wonders to prepare for this, I splurged on the QAE in the last week just to familiarize myself with the type of questions. Knocked it out in about 2 hours with a check through all the questions. I also found it easier than the CISSP.

I found the most useful advice was to look at the questions through the eye of a manager and not a security analyst or practitioner and the answers will make more sense. Remediating immediately isn't the answer. Trusting the strategy and the process is.

The test center I was at was the worst i've been in compared to the Pearson secure test center I took the CISSP at.

Congrats again!

I wonder why ISACA select PSI ? i have never heard a single positive exp about them till date including my own exp
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    asiru77 wrote: »
    I wonder why ISACA select PSI ? i have never heard a single positive exp about them till date including my own exp

$$$$$$$
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    $$$$$$$

only $$$$$ or CBA ?
  • justdaveyjustdavey Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    asiru77 wrote: »

I'd go with money - even on the ISACA CISM forums people are complaining. It looks like PSI does certain cert exams for regulatory and licensing boards... It's just that their footprint is small and some of the places seem to be fly-by-night. The place I went to used to be a Prometric and Pearson test center (in some kind of for-profit college) back in the day.

My complaint was that even with the earphones I could hear people talking outside the door and the recpetion using the speakerphone while I was trying to concentrate. Not sure of others experiences, but for me the proctor wasn't barely in the room. I finished the exam, got my results and exited the room when someone accosted me to come back and sign out of the PSI application from the main proctor console.

At least I passed... I can just imagine if I had not - I would have been pissed with the low quality testing environment. I sent a complaint to ISACA anyways after my exam - no answer on that either.

anyhow onwards and upwards.