Beginner​ looking for advice

Lucas01Lucas01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening all,

I am new to the IT field and hope to get into the cyber security field in the future. I want to start from the bottom and work my way up the hard way. I need some advice on where to start and I heard that CompTIA A+ would get me started on my path. I need to know where to go to get good training with LABS and I say that in all caps because I order for me to learn I must have teachings and hands on exercises. Please Help I've been searching Google for a while now .

Lucas

Comments

• PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Buy broken desktops and laptops and fix them. For the A+, I think that will help your understanding more than any book.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Lucas01Lucas01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much you advice is greatly appreciated
  • Lucas01Lucas01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    Buy broken desktops and laptops and fix them. For the A+, I think that will help your understanding more than any book.

Except that you also need to do reading to know all the specifics around what types of questions, terminology, and material will be on the exam. Yes, I would say get some systems to mess with, but do the reading and practice exams as well to earn certs.