Failed the test...

JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I failed today.... I was floored by the difficulty of this test. The practice tests only scratched the surface of what this test is really like. You really have to know your **** and by that, I mean you really need to know the specifics details to each topic because you'll be asked to pick the best solution to a problem. Be prepared to read a lot.

77 total questions, 11 were simulation questions. Most of my questions were scenario based and required to "pick 2" or "pick 3" answers to best answer the question. This test was like running a mental marathon and I felt beat up by the end of it.

I plan re-test in two weeks. I feel that now that I truely know how difficult this test is, I can concentrate on my weak areas and re-attack the way I was studying. To be honest, this was a huge hit to my confidence, but I'll persevere. I'll crush this test next time.

Comments

• ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That stinks, but at least you got some insight into the material. You've done more than me regarding the CASP, as I have not yet attempted this monster...although I likely will at some point.
  • letapragasletapragas Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JayVee wrote: »
    Well I failed today.... I was floored by the difficulty of this test. The practice tests only scratched the surface of what this test is really like. You really have to know your **** and by that, I mean you really need to know the specifics details to each topic because you'll be asked to pick the best solution to a problem. Be prepared to read a lot.

77 total questions, 11 were simulation questions. Most of my questions were scenario based and required to "pick 2" or "pick 3" answers to best answer the question. This test was like running a mental marathon and I felt beat up by the end of it.

I plan re-test in two weeks. I feel that now that I truely know how difficult this test is, I can concentrate on my weak areas and re-attack the way I was studying. To be honest, this was a huge hit to my confidence, but I'll persevere. I'll crush this test next time.

Sorry to hear that and honestly I passed but swear to god I got lucky as hell with the multiple choice because I guessed on at least 20 questions! NONE of the practice tests prepared me for the difficulty of this exam.

One thing that did help me when guessing was reading the question throughly and making sure that I knew exactly what they were asking for. Good luck next time.
  • JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for the words of encouragement! I'm about to retest this coming Thursday. I'm better prepared this time around.