Options

New to CCNP Route. Please Advise

r20039r20039r20039r20039 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Experts

Just completed CCNA R&S. for CCNA R&S I took help of CBT Nuggets videos and Nine Tut.
Just Started studying CCNA Route.
Which materials to use? Please guide me.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Isn't that site a braindump??
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    As someone else pointed out to me, google "gns3 store" and buy the CCNP R/S bundle for INE from there, and get 50% off, it includes workbooks and practice exams so you don't need crap sites for practice questions.

Chris Bryant is cheap and fairly solid, watching both of their courses almost entirely for ROUTE, they've both got cracks they fill in from the others explanation.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178

Yeah but I don't know how well brain **** work anymore for Cisco exams, I think the question pool is much bigger, so brain **** don't sound like they cover a definite pass anymore.
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets are good for the standard questions asked on the exams, but you need to get hand on experience with the Cisco CLI in order to be prepared for the complex simulation questions. Some people used GNS3, but I preferred Cisco PacketTracer when I prepared for the route test. You can duplicate all the route simulations and examples provided through the CBT Nuggets training within this software. It was the key to my passing of the route and switch exams. The latest version can be downloaded for free from Cisco's website by just signing up with your email. Good luck!
  • Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241

CBTNuggets is not a brain dumb. It's an actual CBT course that has a few practice exams that are no where near similar to the exams.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Moldy, OP listed 2 study sources used. I think Montague was referring the second source listed...

While that site does provide decent tutorials and it also has a lot of dumped information.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah, I meant the other site, not CBTNuggets. Sorry for being unclear here.
    ande0255 wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't know how well brain **** work anymore for Cisco exams, I think the question pool is much bigger, so brain **** don't sound like they cover a definite pass anymore.
    That's an interesting outlook. It sounds like it would still be a partial **** though? Isn't having even some of the questions an unfair advantage?