Ideas for solving Kali driver issues

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Currently getting ready to install WINE and ndiswrapper on Kali to add audio and Netgear wno 3100 drivers for my future Linux box.

Looking for ideas from anyone who has solved this problem and may offer potentially easier to accomplish solutions.

Thanks.
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As a way to more easily accomplish this, I wouldn't install Kali as your future Linux box. I'd install Kali in a VM and start with a fresh clone for every pen test. Then go with a distro with more mainstream audio support for your future Linux box.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am using Kali as my main OS ( to get in the mood for pentest training :D ), what issues are you facing with Audio?

I have to agree with the others, some things (Applications or hardware) simply will not work, so I think it would be easier to get a wifi adapter with native Linux support.
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm installing Kali because I want to learn all of the tools it comes with. I plan on moving into security after my CCNA and CCNA-S.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
    I would use Mint for general purpose Linux learning, I can partition my external HD for Mint and Kali. I really want to get comfortable with Kali and I understand it's not meant for installation but forensics. I guess I will just have to get a new PC.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You could install Ubuntu, then run the Katoolin script to install the Kali Tools.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    You could install Ubuntu, then run the Katoolin script to install the Kali Tools.

Perfect thanks.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    As a way to more easily accomplish this, I wouldn't install Kali as your future Linux box. I'd install Kali in a VM and start with a fresh clone for every pen test. Then go with a distro with more mainstream audio support for your future Linux box.

+1 to this. VM Kali so you can revert it after each test. Run something like Ubuntu for good driver support. Could also run Ubuntu & use the pen testers framework to install a subset of the tools Kali includes - https://github.com/trustedsec/ptf