Suggested online video training subscription?

ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm evaluating different online training providers such as Pluralsight, CBT Nuggets, etc.

If you have experience with subscription based training, post your thoughts on them. Looking for feedback on overall quality, pricing, and features included with subscription. Preferably a broader offering of InfoSec content.

I use Cybrary currently, which works great, but I'm looking for something that has an edge over the free content.

Thanks!

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SafariBooksOnline if you got a decent eReader. Books and Videos
  • ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SafariBooksOnline if you got a decent eReader. Books and Videos

I frequently use my Kindle, but for some reason when it comes to studying for work related stuff I prefer an actual book. I'll look into that one though. Thanks!
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBTNuggets is good, Udemy is fair/hit+miss (but very affordable if there's a sale.)
    Safari has a good selection of videos, and overall it's an excellent value for the access to all the material they have. I'm not sure if they have a 30-day trial, beacuse I get it through work.
  • superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I currently use ITPRO.tv and I have some mixed feelings about it. While I do enjoy the library of courses they offer, sometimes they talk to much and it is easy to get lost because they sometimes have too much filler. Their Network+ course was a prime example as originally it was about 74 hours. They recently did a redo of the course with a different instructor and it was condensed down to about 36 hours i believe. Pluralsight uses more "powerpoint" ish slides but the instructor follows the same type of structure as Professor Messer videos. More direct to the point with the information/content. Professor Messer is good for free training via Youtube as well.
  • DurangoDurango Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I subscribe to ITPRO.tv too and I think you get a access to a lot for the money but I agree they have too much filler. I think that creates a lot of noise when I'm trying to learn. I think Pluralsight courses are more focused and better designed.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have both Safaribooksonline and Pluralsight. Both are great, I prefer Safaribooksonline, because I am more a book reader than a video watcher. However the selection of training is great on Pluralsight, but it is more "powerpoint-issh, they are harder to listen after a day at work.

I look at ITPro.TV and while I think it is too expensive, I would like to have it because the video are more "living" and convivial, and would be easier to watch at night, instead to watch the TV.
  • TSaLTSaL Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight is the best IMO.
  • DurangoDurango Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TSaL wrote: »
    Pluralsight is the best IMO.

I like PluralSight because its more focused than ITpro.tv. I don't want a lot of extra talking that distracts me from learning.
  • adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Older thread I know, but I searched here for 'safari' - is it really true that you can get all these great cisco press books for just a monthly subscription? That is fantastic!

I used to be a itpro.tv subscriber also, but I agree with Durango - waaaay to much filler.
    2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"