CCSP New OSG

MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
I received the new CCSP Official Study Guide last week. I wasn't around so today was the first day I have had a chance to do a quick review of the new book.

My first impression is, 'this book seems smaller' and certainly it is. The new book is 335 pages and the previous book is 505 pages. That is a significant reduction in information. I will have to go over the chapters and see what is excluded or included in the new book.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What other book do you refer to? The CBK?
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, I am comparing The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK and the new CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide. Both claim to cover all exam objectives, so I found it interesting the disparity in content.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I think the CBK is larger because the OSG is geared towards just the information needed to pass the exam. Exam questions are usually created from an overall larger body of knowledge, hence why the CBK is larger.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework