Interview Questions

IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
What interview questions do you typically ask when being interviewed?
I realise it will depend on many different criteria. I just wanted to get a sense of what people typically ask.

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    It all depends on what you apply for.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    Pants or no pants?
    skorts!
  • ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some high level questions that everyone should always consider..

- Ask about areas of improvement in relation to the job/team/dept
    - Always inquire about the business itself. Research the company and demonstrate you have an understanding of what they DO. This is crucial as I don't think anyone should EVER be hired, even in IT, if they don't know some general facts about the business in which they are applying to.
    - Ask about opportunities for advancement and continued learning/education (this shows you have goals)
    - Ask about what day to day looks like
    - Ask about long term goals of the team/dept and discuss how you can fit in and complement the success of those goals

It's not totally just about you. Your priority is to make the company/organization better and more successful.

*IT doesn't guide or influence the business, it SUPPORTS the business* <--- This is the language to impress CIO's or VP's

Hope this is helpful...make yourself look like a rock star by highlighting what you can do for the company.
    ...and ask ALOT of questions yourself..regarding the company..how they rate performance..challenges etc.