Options

SCCM Certification?

TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just got a job offer that requires a SCCM certification and it's supposedly $70/hr. Does anyone have experience with the difficulty of the SCCM certification? I have a tiny amount of experience but I did not know there were jobs that only require a cert and pay so well...

Unless its a scam.. I don't know what software deployment/sccm admin/etc etc job title get paid.
2017 Certification Goals
CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]

Comments

• Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sounds like it's a contract role at $70/hr - but then again that all depends on where you live too. I haven't taken the SCCM certification personally, however I do have a bunch of experience with SCCM.

SCCM is general is a pain to setup and manage, however once you become familiar with it and all of the associated functions it becomes easier to manage over time. Not every company that has SCCM setup uses all of the functions within it. Some use it just to deploy / upgrade software, some use it strictly for patching, some may use it to deploy images on their network, and others will use a combination. In your case, it sounds like the company is using multiple functions within SCCM, so the wage amount sounds about right.
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took it. I think the test was like 40 questions or so and was pretty easy.