Passed the CEH!

fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took the exam Sunday night in my room with ProctorU. Scored a 91.

For study materials, I used the CEH videos and labs and Matt Walker's AIO book. I really enjoyed the AIO book. The CEH videos were nice but a lot were extra long. The labs just showed you how to use the tools. I feel like they would've been a lot better if they were setup as small scenarios or something.

I know the CEH doesn't have the best reputation but for me at least, it taught a lot. I learned a lot. With that being said, I've only worked in IT professionally a little over a year so I'm still super green. I'm still super far away from being a "Hacker".

Thanks to everybody on this forum for all the help and just motivation to knock my certs out.

The CEH was my second cert this year. Before that I got the MCSA Windows 10.

Now to figure out what's next. My job has agreed to pay for the GCIH course. I may be able to go to the live training but if not, I'll have to get the on demand course which I'm not super sure about.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    I'm glad that you're making progress :)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mithuuu85mithuuu85 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)

Could you provide me the link to download the materials for CEH(videos, Labs and books).

Regards,
    Midhun P.K
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also recently passed the CEH but it just said "passed"
    I didnt get a score
  • ChinaJesusChinaJesus Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Please could you assist with the videos and lab files or please send a link for same download. Which of the question banks did you use.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • keane234keane234 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mithuuu85 wrote: »
    Congratulations :)

Could you provide me the link to download the materials for CEH(videos, Labs and books).

Regards,
    Midhun P.K

If I could I would. That material can only be access through the ec-council student portal.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    fabostrong wrote: »
    Took the exam Sunday night in my room with ProctorU. Scored a 91.

For study materials, I used the CEH videos and labs and Matt Walker's AIO book. I really enjoyed the AIO book. The CEH videos were nice but a lot were extra long. The labs just showed you how to use the tools. I feel like they would've been a lot better if they were setup as small scenarios or something.

I know the CEH doesn't have the best reputation but for me at least, it taught a lot. I learned a lot. With that being said, I've only worked in IT professionally a little over a year so I'm still super green. I'm still super far away from being a "Hacker".

Thanks to everybody on this forum for all the help and just motivation to knock my certs out.

The CEH was my second cert this year. Before that I got the MCSA Windows 10.

Now to figure out what's next. My job has agreed to pay for the GCIH course. I may be able to go to the live training but if not, I'll have to get the on demand course which I'm not super sure about.

Do you think the labbing could be done by simply using all of the tools in CEH? IE Do they labs offer any value beyond introducing the tools to the student?