Options

Is it just CompTIA or do other companies do it too?

bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
You know, after you finish reviewing your exam and submit it, CompTIA presents a survey for you to fill out before they tell you that you either passed or failed.

I always finish the survey quickly (and truthfully) because I really want to know whether I passed. Fortunately, I'm 5-for-5 against CompTIA.

Anyone else like filling out those surveys? Does Cisco or Microsoft also present surveys before they tell you your results?

Maybe they should tell me whether I passed or failed first, then give me the option of filling out their survey. Then based on the exam results, I can decide whether to complete one.
2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I HATE the surveys at the end. All companies do it and it is very annoying.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Most companies have some kind of survey, definitely not just Comptia. That being said, I did the VMware VCP6 delta last week and not only was there no survey at the end, there was no "This is how the test engine works" demo section at the start. It was a nice change.
  • Options
    NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    When I did my Microsoft exam the survey was optional. I skipped it and gave my score.

I can understand why people dislike CompTIA's survey. I personally didn't mind it at the time because I thought I failed my Network+ but passed.

I have no plans to take another CompTia exam.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I always ignore or provide non-useful information. Why provide a free service to someone already charging me money to begin with? And "entered into a chance to win something" does not count.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I almost always skip any feedback/survey if given the option. Sometimes, I will provide feedback on exam questions that I think are epically stupid.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I swear there is a very disgruntled employee that used to work for the first company that decided to put a survey at the end of the exam. Why else would they do that to us? To see how much stress we can handle before the heart attack? Sheesh... I have yet to fail a CompTIA exam but the one MS exam I failed still had the survey to slog through before I found out I failed.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I normally always skip it. Even if I feel confident my heart is always pounding and I want to know my score.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Submit..... wait... wait.... wait..... Did I pass? Is it taking longer because I failed? Did I pass?! WAIT! WAIT! And, I ..... survey. ****. Fill it out... next...next...next... submit... wait... wait... wait.... And ...... Pass!

I hate the survey. Give it to me before hand. Not after when I'm anticipating my results. It's a dick move.
  • Options
    PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I took the CCENT last month the score was shown to me before the survey.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Options
    QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've done them before, but have also finished it in about 10 seconds by clicking "I prefer not to answer"
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Surveys for exams is YOUR time to speak up about the exam...Telling them the pros/cons of how it was laid out & worded is good constructive criticism for them. Yeah, I am sure you are brain dead after the exam, but it's really a good idea to fill these out. IMO
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would only consider filling in a survey if I came across something glaring like spelling, grammar or question issues. So far I've never really had a problem with any. Thankfully I have been able to skip them.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If I have any issues with the testing center (very rare), the exam itself (again, rare), or anything, I'll leave comments. Otherwise, I just want it done and over with. So, I can see why it's after. And I can see why it's before the results (if you fail, you'll be more critical; if you pass, you'll be excited and will pass over the minor issues you may have had). It's just frustrating when you're right there at the end. Dangling that worm in front of us, but you can't have it yet... :)