Options

Taking CASP in a week

apisky4apisky4 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the CASP in a week and coincidentally on my birthday. Trying to avoid a birthday bummer, any advice?

Comments

• Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    move to another day (exam, not a birthday of course). just in case ;)

..... anyway
    GOOD LUCK ;)
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    Solid advice. It felt like bad mojo so I moved it to the 11th.
  • Options
    Jtx3Jtx3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, taking mine this Wednesday!
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Most of the questions that were on my test were not straightforward. Know how to manipulate the formulas (take your time and extract the information that will be needed to solve the equation). If you have issues with remembering the common protocols and their associated ports, brain **** that info onto your scribble pad right after you sit down at the computer.

Stay calm and power through. If you are not sure about a question, mark it and come back later. Sometimes there will be related questions that will jog your memory. If that doesn't work eliminate the most obvious wrong answer and then move forward with eliminating answers.

Good Luck
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    There are lots of ports on the test? I will make sure to hit those hard. I'm afraid of Unix/Linux as that is one of my biggest weaknesses.
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    apisky4 wrote: »
    There are lots of ports on the test? I will make sure to hit those hard. I'm afraid of Unix/Linux as that is one of my biggest weaknesses.

There were quite a few of them on mine, but you also have to sift through many log messages.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    apisky4 wrote: »

There are some UNIX references, and some in-depth ones, at least there were for me. A few were kind of obscure, stuff you wouldn't really know unless you'd worked with it or studied it specifically.
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    There are some UNIX references, and some in-depth ones, at least there were for me. A few were kind of obscure, stuff you wouldn't really know unless you'd worked with it or studied it specifically.

Thank goodness CompTIA allows its candidates to come back to questions later. I left some of them blank and then guessed on the final pass before turning in the exam.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    NickDanger1NickDanger1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At least on my exam, the first 10 questions were the hardest and they got easier from then on. So don't panic! If a question totally stumps you, mark it for review and answer the remaining questions first.