Udemy??

Has anyone used this site for studying? any thoughts.. Thanks in Advance

Comments

• john_mirandajohn_miranda Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've only purchased videos when they are on sale for $10, which is like every week, and honestly for 10 dollars I have no complaints. You get hours of material, it might not be CBT Nuggets quality but it works for me. Of course, I don't just rely on Udemy videos for studying. I've watched CCNA R/S, AWS Associate Solutions Architect, Security+, and some misc. Python courses.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    It's a good site. The quality really depends on the individual contributors. Since anyone can submit and sell content, I always try checking out the reviews and any preview videos
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's a good site. The quality really depends on the individual contributors. Since anyone can submit and sell content, I always try checking out the reviews and any preview videos

This is exactly right. There is some great content on Udemy. I've purchased a few horrible courses too but no worries, I just choose the option for refund.
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    Thank you all! I wasn't quite sure how the site worked.. I've been enjoying the microsoft mcsa/mcse learning channel on Youtube.. i'll stick to that along with technet and Don Poulton's book.
  • stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    I've flirted w/ the idea of paying $10 for the 70-410 series. I decided to do CBTnuggets 7 day free trial and PluralSight free trial, first. Both have been VERY good. There's also a decent YouTube series as well https://www.youtube.com/user/networkedminds/playlists. Microsoft has great free content also.

What I've learned from studying (both Cisco and Microsoft) is that there's TONS of content out there. It's just trying to decide what to watch/read. Trying to get the most useful info out of your time. Nothing makes me scratch my head more than watching a 10 min video on a topic and saying to myself "what did I just watch?" - then watching another video on the very same topic, only to say "Wow, I wish I watched THIS one before I wasted my time on that last one."

You live and you learn. It's all a process, I guess. Best of luck, mate!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]
    Exactly! Thank you for your input. my head is spinning lol
  • CiscoASA2202CiscoASA2202 Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Udemy is great and has a lot to offer when the courses are made by top quality professionals and they are providing you with an abundance of info. Plenty of choices out there and Udemy is a great platform to get started with, just don't get overwhelmed and buy everything you see. I've used it for years and have tons and tons of courses
    Udemy is great and has a lot to offer when the courses are made by top quality professionals and they are providing you with an abundance of info. Plenty of choices out there and Udemy is a great platform to get started with, just don't get overwhelmed and buy everything you see. I've used it for years and have tons and tons of courses

Thanks for your input! I feel like I need 10 resources to study from though.. I can understand two to as some things are better explained and/or more content in certain materials, but from what I've been seeing is members using anywhere from 5-10.. I can't afford $165 for the exam then $85 a month from two different sites for one exam.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A lot of us build up resources over time and have things provided to us by our companies or what not. I agree it is difficult to get a whole bunch of resources to study with.

Start with the trifecta of resources: Decent Training videos, a decent book, and a practice exam. Also, if you don't have a means of labbing look into that. if you can install Hyper-V on your desktop/laptop and have plenty of disk and RAM, you can do most labbing you'll need for the MCSA from there.

Honestly, I didn't have much for my first exams. I built up resources with each successive test and managed to edge by with passes eventually. MCSA is a process. You'll get there if you keep trying.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They have a sale going on now... $15 for classes... well worth the $$ IMO. I've used the site for a number of courses....satisfied customer.

Hatch
    Hatch1921 wrote: »
    They have a sale going on now... $15 for classes... well worth the $$ IMO. I've used the site for a number of courses....satisfied customer.

Hatch

Thank you icon_smile.gif
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Chris Bryant's CCNA R&S course and it's the best $10 I've spent in a while. I also bought the AWS Associates course, as well as a Python course. Just check some reviews out before you commit.