Is this a good reference book?

Woody80085Woody80085 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, i'm 21 and a Computer information systems major at WMU, and am currently studying to take the network + in the middle of december. A group of my classmates and I are preparing an outline of our textbook Guide to Networking Essentials and I was wondering if anyone has ever used this book and what other steps (short of spending a lot of money on another book) I can do to prepare. Also, if anyone would like a copy of our outline, feel free to e-mail me, it's shaping up to be pretty good, already i have 14 pages just covering 4 chapters.

Comments

• manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    It seems to be good, i'm studying for the Net + with this book, a Net + book from my college class...(by drew bird and mike harwood) and also a network + book from Microsoft learning. Luckily I got all of the books from classes that I have taken so other than the price of the class I haven't spent any money on net + books like I did for A+. Anyway, to answer your question, the book "guide to Networking Essentials...third edition" seems to be a decent book
  • babyxxxbabyxxx Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Woody80085 wrote:

Hi woody80085, I am also preparing for my network + exam. pls could you send a copy of ur outline to me. thanks
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    The technotes from this site are all you need.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    garv221 wrote:

Ditto.....I used Mike Myers as well, but the Technotes here are excellent....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Woody80085Woody80085 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just found the technotes yesterday, and yes they are awesome. I'd be more than happy to send out you out a copy Baby, it never hurts to have too much info, it should be done by the end of the week.
  • muriloninjamuriloninja Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe i have a copy of that book "Guide to Networking Essentials" from school. Is it a hard back book?

If it is the same one, i think it is solid and covers alot of ground. Probabyl more than you would need to know for the Net+ but like you said it cannot hurt.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Ricka182 wrote:
    garv221 wrote:

I was the exact same, meyers + technotes....Network+ certified.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • muriloninjamuriloninja Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    garv221 wrote:

I was the exact same, meyers + technotes....Network+ certified.

Good cause i was just on Amazon looking at the Michael Meyers Net+ book.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am useing the Syngress Network + Exam N10-003 book By Robert J. Shimonski and it's great.

The Tech notes are good as well
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino