Options

Toner and Probe kits

jah8887jah8887 Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone have recommendations of a toner/probe kit for telephone,network cable tracing? Mine recently died out and was looking to pick up another one.

Comments

• Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jah8887 wrote: »
    Anyone have recommendations of a toner/probe kit for telephone,network cable tracing? Mine recently died out and was looking to pick up another one.
    I have a Fluke toner and probe kit, I got it on Amazon for less than $300.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have ByteBrothers TVR toner/probe that's probably 15 years old and fine for my occasional use. I would probably get that again if I needed one.
  • Options
    ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    The tempo/greenlee (formerly Progressive Electronics) was a standard for years, and I've always done well with theirs.
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use an Ideal VDV II cable tester with the ideal amplifier probe. As well as being able to tone cables using the amplifier the VDV is also a cable tester.

I think in the more advanced versions the tester does cable length, distance to fault.
    But if you already have a decent cable tester a tone/probe may be all you want
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/