Continuing Education Renewals

joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
Looks like Cisco listened to all of our complaints. I won't have time to make use of this for my current refresh, but definitely will next time, especially with the CLUS credits

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/cisco-continuing-education-program

If you login, you'll also notice that A and P level tests show up in there too, though there's currently no information on credits required to recertify those. Likely something that will be phased in and added later (Takes time to analyze the courses, determine how many credits they are worth, etc.)

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good its about time, I have until dec of next year to get this done
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • darkestclowndarkestclown Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I saw these too. If you hammer Cisco Live you can get 70/100 credits. I have emailed Cisco today to ask whether PVTs can count as credits, as I saw nothing mentioned.
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ce.cisco.com

You can do any of the the courses for credit. The two expert level R&S course links fail and those are worth 50 CE each. I guess I will do the ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT training... 110 credits.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I scanned through it. It seems that only Cisco LIVE training is accepted. Anyhow, they have a june 14 webcast. We'll see what they say.
    You can do Cisco digital learning or Cisco live training.
  • darkestclowndarkestclown Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tunerX wrote: »
    ce.cisco.com

You can do any of the the courses for credit. The two expert level R&S course links fail and those are worth 50 CE each. I guess I will do the ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT training... 110 credits.

Trouble is I either need to pay $$ for the courses as I am not sure if the business will fund me. I could not see anything about PVTs or Virtual Cisco Live which is a shame. I am currently doing the Security PVT virtually, complete with labs and it is excellent. I must admit this is an excellent decision by Cisco as I would rather be studying the new technologies and keeping on the edge than revising materials I did years ago (plus any new refresh).
    I am studying for the ccde written. But I just started doing the ccnp route training. 40 ce
    Got my first 40 CE applied. I will end up suspended again because I don't think I can make the other two courses before July 8th.

To recert I will complete ROUTE, SWITCH, and ARCH. Then go back to concentrating on other CCDE material.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea I just mentioned this to the CCIE on my team he's an older fellow and we went into a whole discussion on this. He was adament that the new Continuing education option will make the CCIE useless because you won't be an expert at anything after taking a couple of classes versus taking the written where you show you know the theory. I stressed the whole idea of diversifying the skillset but he wasn't buying it lol. So I guess everyone is not excited about it.
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Yea I just mentioned this to the CCIE on my team he's an older fellow and we went into a whole discussion on this. He was adament that the new Continuing education option will make the CCIE useless because you won't be an expert at anything after taking a couple of classes versus taking the written where you show you know the theory. I stressed the whole idea of diversifying the skillset but he wasn't buying it lol. So I guess everyone is not excited about it.

The written for R&S is horrible.

They use trivia style questions and horribly worded answer selections and also use those garbage drag and drops because of the brain dumpers.

I took it the first time in 2004 and watched it progress to junk. This last iteration with evolving technologies means you can now get questions that have absolutely nothing to do with routing and switching. They might as well toss in questions about the linksys GUI.
    Well, that was easy. Good for another two years.

The only problem I have with the CE program is that you don't get to keep the change. I did 120 CEs and required 100 but all of your CEs are zeroed out once you pay the administrative fee and get your CEs evaluated.