Options

New router advice for purchase

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Just curious to see what your opinions are and what you have had luck with...I am ditching the PIX506 and getting a Cisco ASA 5505. I need a T1 router to use in front of it. I was thinking about the Cisco 1800 series but it seems a little over kill. It just needs to route and hook up with the service...Maybe a netopia 4662-xl?

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the 1800 series routers are about 1 to 2k your going to have to get a 1841 but if your going the used route maybe a 2600(xm)? or a 1700 series
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Yeah- I am not going the used route. I suppose I could scrap the idea for a ASA 5505 and get the 2851 router with firewall and VPN and keep everything in one box, but what fun is that?
  • Options
    Went with a ASA 5505 security pack and upgrade VPN license.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was going to suggest staying away from the netopia. The only one I ever had to mess with was a piece of junk.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I was going to suggest staying away from the netopia. The only one I ever had to mess with was a piece of junk.

Thanks, a couple branch locations have small netopias provided by the ISP for static DSL with a PIX behind them. An ISP I was talking to wanted to give me a netopia with their T1 circuit. I actually declined and they provided a Cisco 2600.