Options

Re-Test Round 2

JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Here I go again! I'm scheduled for the test this Thursday (June 8th) at 9AM. I've been really cramming these past two weeks, but I feel WAY better about it this time now that I know what to really expect.

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!! I'm taking mine by the end of June. I'm sure you'll nail it this time!
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! If you have any questions before you take the test, just holler!
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!...and skill!
  • Options
    Jtx3Jtx3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I didn't fair so well today. Back to the books and will try again in a week or two. Major bummer though.
  • Options
    Jtx3 wrote: »
    Good luck! I didn't fair so well today. Back to the books and will try again in a week or two. Major bummer though.

That test is hard. There are not many materials out there to study for the exam. Best of luck to you!
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    stickerbush1970stickerbush1970 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am curious for the people that have failed the exam. Is this your first exam taking experience? I know taking the test for the first time is very stressful and confusing as you really dont know what to expect. Are you strictly using books, videos? Are you using test ****? I think really learning the concept helps tremendously, but with these exams they put extra information in there to confuse you. Thy dont make money by having you pass the first time. At 450 bux for the exam, I am going to make damn sure I am ready to take it.
  • Options
    I am curious for the people that have failed the exam. Is this your first exam taking experience? I know taking the test for the first time is very stressful and confusing as you really dont know what to expect. Are you strictly using books, videos? Are you using test ****? I think really learning the concept helps tremendously, but with these exams they put extra information in there to confuse you. Thy dont make money by having you pass the first time. At 450 bux for the exam, I am going to make damn sure I am ready to take it.

I prepared just by reading the Sybex book. Many of the questions had answers that made common sense, i.e. lots of questions involving scenarios, which gave me confidence during the exam.
  • Options
    Jtx3Jtx3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This was my first experience taking this exam, but my fourth exam overall. I used books (sybex and cert guide), cybrary videos, and a instructor led course. I have a few brain ****, but I just used those to randomly pull out practice questions. I felt ready, but at least I know now what to expect (how questions are worded) for the next time.
  • Options
    JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□

It was my second exam. I took the Sec+ on the first try. So for me, I was under-prepared for the scenarios in the exam. I mistakenly studied more of what each topic was by definition, but not how everything worked together. That's how I studied for the Sec+. So when I attempted the first time, I was caught by surprise by the scenario questions, especially the "pick two" or "pick three" questions.

BUT, I took it again today and PASSED! I was much better prepared this time around.
  • Options
    p0sitron_col1drp0sitron_col1dr Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the CompTIA CASP (CAS-002) exam this month and was surprised by the material contained within the exam. This was a difficult test to say the least. The materials that I used were the Sybex CISSP Official Guide (2015) and Pearson CompTIA CAS-002 Cert Guide (2015) followed by previous experience as an admin and security analyst.

My exam experience yielded NUMEROUS simulations and very little questions about cryptography. I thought the simulations would not end. I had less sims during Cisco and Microsoft exams. I felt very prepared going into the test, but not so much when clicking the submit button!

If I had to go back and take the test again now, the one supplementary resource that I feel that could have helped me the most (previous work experience excluded) is the new Cisco CCNA:Cyber Ops SECFND (210-250) guide by Santos. (I was not a fan of his 210-260 material especially after what I learned by taking the preparatory course through Stanly Community College which is phenomenal.) I believe that this book would help fill many gaps that you may be experiencing. I'm finishing up the book today and it seems to hit on many of the nuances that the official guides missed that were featured on the exam despite the two exams are from different vendors. It is available on Safari books.

I hope that this information is beneficial and I look forward to seeing the post that reads that you passed the exam! :D