Options

My Sec + expiring soon

makninomaknino Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have A+, Net+ and Sec+ all expire May 2018; wich Cert i have to pass next to renew all off them?

PS; I have also CCNA, CCNA Security, CEH and CHFI all expire 2018

Comments

• Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    maknino wrote: »
    I have A+, Net+ and Sec+ all expire May 2018; wich Cert i have to pass next to renew all off them?

PS; I have also CCNA, CCNA Security, CEH and CHFI all expire 2018

CSA+ will renew all your CompTIA certifications. You can do CEUs for the CompTIA certifications as well. The CCNAs can all be renewed by passing the CCNA Cyber certification. I can't help you concerning the CEH and CHFI certifications.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    Thank you NavyMooseCCNA
    I could not understand CEU i saw it in Comptia website it says it requier 50ce
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What it means you need to do X amount of hours of continuing education. If you look at CompTIAs website you'll see all the accepted methods of continuing education. As an example you can watch Cybary videos and get a course completion certificate.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    Thanks again; i am watching Cybary vid now; so i need to get 50 CE and pay 150§ to get my Sec+ or pass the CSA+ exam 320§. I think passing CSA is a good choice
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    If you are government contractor, you can have access to many free training tools to satisfy the 40 hours...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    You can renew the certs by taking 50 hours of SKILLSOFT classes that pertains to the Sec+ CE.
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Yes, I just had to renew my Sec+. Took FedVTE courses and Cybray. May be the last cert I ever do, though there is talk they want us to become Red Hat Certified.
  • Options
    brownwrap wrote: »
    Yes, I just had to renew my Sec+. Took FedVTE courses and Cybray. May be the last cert I ever do, though there is talk they want us to become Red Hat Certified.

how much you paid to renew?
  • Options
    cisco4lifecisco4life Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those taking the CCNA Cyber Ops course, it looks CompTIA added that to the list of certifications that will give you 50 CEUs once you get the certification
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    It is $50 a year, so I paid $150 to renew. I would have never renewed it, if it wasn't a requirement.