CBT Nuggets

freefikafreefika Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear All,

I am currently looking for certifications to upgrade my skills. Currently i am looking into CCNA and VMware. My Organization is willing to pay for this. However, i was looking into getting them to provide me a CBT nuggets subscription so i can use it for other certs as well. However, just need to know has anyone actually passed a certification exam just by using CBT nuggets? If not, i might as well have proper one-to-one training.

Thanks.

Fariha

Comments

• ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've never known anyone to pass an exam just by using a single resource.

CBT's are usually paired well with books and hands on labs.

The more resources you have the better icon_thumright.gif
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've used CBT Nuggets to prepare for exams (Microsoft and CISA) and in my opinion they are no where near enough to pass an exam. Especially the Microsoft exams, just too much content in those to cram into a video series ...
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For VMware, you have to sit at the official training to get the VCP certification, so ask your boss to pay for it. IMHO, I would not take an offer for a compagny that don't pay for a CBT training website... It is ridiculously cheap compared to in-person training and often as good or near as good..

I can't tell for CBT Nugget, but as a long time Pluralsight and Safari book online subscriber, I can tell you that you always need more than 2 ressources.. For me video are only an add-on to reading and labbing.
  • albinorhinoalbinorhino Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I really like what I learn from CBT, but I don't think they're good enough to be used as your sole resource. But I wouldn't say that about any certification resource. I think they add a lot of value and knowledge very effectively. They can help you get familiar with a new topic to a reasonable degree before pursuing more details about it. They're pretty engaging and entertaining.

I like watching the videos before reading official cert guides so my eyes don't glaze over with all the new material.
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    I'm using CBT Nuggets and INE as well.
  • Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To answer your question OP, I passed Server+ and ITIL v3 Foundations using nothing but CBT Nuggets videos, but I agree with those who said it's much better to use more than one resource. For most certifications, it's a very good idea to diversify with two or three study materials.

For Cisco and VMWare certs, definitely go with more than video-based learning -- there's a lot of material to know.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS