TylerD317TylerD317 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got my CCNA on 2nd attempt! icon_cheers.gif
I took the ICND1 & ICND2 route.

Study materials:
Wendell Odom's books.
Packet Tracer
CBTNuggets
Boson Exam Environment

It took me 3 tries to get my CCENT and 2 tries to get my CCNA.
I only say that because I know failing can be discouraging...unbelievably discouraging.
Hang in there and continue to study icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gifand master the material. You'll get it, and it will be an incredible feeling.

Next Goal:
I want to become a Network Admin, ideally a junior Network Admin until I get enough networking experience and become more familiar with different technologies. My company currently doesn't have a Network Admin, but we have enough networking guys that we don't really need one. I'm currently working tech support in the Atlanta area so i'm getting the networking experience, but it's more with our product than with commonly used networking devices. I'm just not sure what my next certification should be. I'm torn between going for my CCNP R&S, or going for CCNA Security. I was also looking at the MCSE certification. I read somewhere that just having a CCNA isn't enough to get hired for a networking position. Any suggestions or tips of the trade would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• BrandonT2610BrandonT2610 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNA may be enough enough depending on your background. It is at least in my area right now. Do you have experience at least handling Cisco gear? I moved to a data center tech position that's pretty hands on and hope to have my CCNA pretty soon. The combo will hopefully be enough, even if i was a contractor i'd do it.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    Congratulations!!
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long did you study?
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • packetxpacketx Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!